About Stuff

Sunday, July 29, 2007

LIVE VS. PSN ONLINE COMMUNITY


This is probably overdue but you know what they say: better late than never.

Lost Planet

First up is XBOX LIVE where by my second day playing online (using a Gold Membership trial card that comes bundled with a game, of course) I received messages from "lagging noob" to "suck my peepee." Enough said, don't you agree?

Resistance: Fall of Man

Now to PSN where by my second day playing online (free of charge and all) I received four friend invites, got into a clan, got caught up into some lengthy chats and received some messages from "how r u" to "sup dude."

By now, you should be able to figure the difference between the two completely different experiences but before anything I want to say something: I am not judging or comparing the two communities, I'm just describing my personal experience. Nevertheless, I would like to express what I believe is the main reason for the difference:

  • The majority of PS3 owners are grown ups (it's pretty much an expensive machine).
  • The majority of 360 owners are kids who lack some sense of discipline (most of the user names I spotted had '69' in them or were something like "F ya all neards").

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home